[ If you have not yet done so, please read the Grant Program Information webpage. The Frequently Asked Questions webpage also contains important information that can help applicants avoid common problems. ]
- Use the form that corresponds with your program: School Library, Bookmobile Program, or Non-Traditional Library
- Answer ALL questions (if a question does not apply, indicate so by responding with “NA”). Please be thorough, yet concise. Please respond to the question being asked. For example, providing information about the community in the section asking about the library, or vice versa, makes it more difficult to view the application positively. We advise reading the application in its entirety before answering the questions.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Foundation is not able to check applications for completeness, therefore it is important that you take the time to read through the instructions and prepare your application carefully and completely.
- Additional information may be provided if necessary on one supplemental page only. The information may be relevant to a particular question, or may other information you believe will assist the directors in evaluating your application. This is not mandatory.
- The application may be completed by hand, in pen, as long as the responses are legible.
- We ask that all applicants attach two photos of their library with the application.
- Be sure to sign the application.
- All applications must be POSTMARKED on or before 16 June 2014. Only hardcopy (paper) applications will be accepted. We cannot accept applications sent via electronic media. Please do not waste money sending your application via express mail or certified mail. The deadline is for the postmark date, not the date of receipt.
- If you would like acknowledgement of receipt of your application, enclose a stamped, self-addressed post card with your application. Write the following in the message panel: “This acknowledges receipt of my application for a 2014 Lois Lenski Covey Foundation grant.” Please allow 4 weeks for us to return your post card.
The Lois Lenski Covey Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 255366
Sacramento, CA 95865
Frequently Asked Questions: Other helpful information regarding the program and the application may be found on the Foundation FAQ webpage.
Please select from the following three grant applications the one most appropriate for your library:
Application for Non-Traditional Libraries (charitable organizations or institutions) NOTE: If your library is associated with a school, use the School Library application, even if your school is unique or is operated by a charitable organization.
If you intend to fill in the grant application on your computer, you should save it to your computer once you have opened it, before you start typing in your information. Once you have finished filling in your answers, print it, sign it, and send it to the address above.
The applications are in PDF format and can be read and filled in using Adobe® Reader®. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, you can download it at the web site linked to the image below.