The Lois Lenski Covey Foundation
LLCF Grant Application Instructions
[ If you have not yet done so, please read the Grant Program Information
webpage. The Frequently Asked Questions
webpage also contains important information that can help applicants avoid common problems. ]
- Use the form that corresponds with your program: School Library, Bookmobile Program, or Non-Traditional Library
- Answer ALL questions (if a question does not apply, indicate so by responding with “NA”). Please be thorough, yet concise. Please respond to the question being asked. For example, providing information about the community in the section asking about the library, or vice versa, makes it more difficult to view the application positively. We advise reading the application in its entirety before answering the questions.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Foundation is not able to check applications for completeness, therefore it is important that you take the time to read through the instructions and prepare your application carefully and completely.
- Additional information may be provided if necessary on one supplemental page only. The information may be relevant to a particular question, or may other information you believe will assist the directors in evaluating your application. Adding a supplemental page is not mandatory.
- The application may be completed by hand, in pen, as long as the responses are legible.
- We ask that all applicants attach two photos of their library with the application.
- Be sure to sign the application.
- All applications must be POSTMARKED on or before 13 May 2016. Only hardcopy (paper) applications will be accepted. We cannot accept applications sent via electronic media. Please do not waste money sending your application via express mail or certified mail. The deadline is for the postmark date, not the date of receipt.
- If you would like acknowledgement of receipt of your application, enclose a stamped, self-addressed post card with your application. Write the following in the message panel: “This acknowledges receipt of my application for a 2016 Lois Lenski Covey Foundation grant.” Please allow 4 weeks for us to return your post card.
Send a copy of the completed application to:
The Lois Lenski Covey Foundation
P.O. Box 255366
Sacramento, CA 95865
Frequently Asked Questions: Other helpful information regarding the program and the application may be found on the Foundation FAQ webpage
Please select from the following three grant applications the one most appropriate for your library:
Important: Many website browsers open the application forms (PDF files) as a new tab within the browser. Unfortunately, this eliminates much of the functionality of the forms. If the grant application form opens as a new browser tab or page, use the download icon (or save icon in Chrome) to save the file to your computer. Then, open the form with Adobe Reader, being sure to save the form before closing or printing it. Once you have finished filling in your answers, print it, sign it, and send it to the address above. The last day to send the completed application is 13 May 2016.
THE LINKS BELOW ARE NO LONGER ACTIVE AS THE DEADLINE FOR 2016 GRANT APPLICATIONS HAS PASSED
Application for School Libraries
School libraries: please note the requirement that at least 65% of students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
Application for Bookmobiles
Application for Non-Traditional Libraries (charitable organizations or institutions)
NOTE: If your library is associated with a school, use the School Library application, even if your school is unique or is operated by a charitable organization.
The applications are in PDF format and can be read and filled in using Adobe® Reader®. If you do not have Adobe® Reader®, you can download it at the web site linked to the image below.